Saturday, November 7, 2015

Starting Somewhere

Everyone has to start somewhere--so here it is, my somewhere. Although I have done some blogging in the past, it was dabbling and now I'm ready for a bit more than dabbling.

But I'm an expert at avoidance. More truthfully, an expert at excuses. There's always something I can find to do instead of writing--piles of laundry to be folded, floors to be washed, moving this pile over here and that pile over there. It's easier to think about writing than it is to actually do it.

It's easier to think about the path God is nudging you towards than to actually move towards it.

But faithfulness is more than just thinking and avoiding the path intended is living a life not made for you.

So, here's to small starts toward somewhere and to all our small starts toward somewhere. May we be braver than our excuses and may we find the somewhere path intended for us.

2 comments:

Angela Balensiefen said...

Well done Katie! I can't wait to hear more from you! It takes such a thoughtful purpose to pause and see Gods beauty and hear His messages. Some days I feel too overwhelmed to take those pauses and I appreciate your message to remind how possible it is and the importance those brief moments can make. Keep blogging dear friend!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Angie! I love that you have visited. I cherish your thoughts and your friendship.

Post a Comment

 
© Katie Landers
Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs