Wednesday, November 18, 2015

When Wednesday Seems So Far From Sunday - Verses To Encourage

There is so much happening in our world to give us reason to fear. Although I know there is no reason to fear, no reason to not have hope, there are days where the undercurrent of fear threatens to overtake me.

This past Sunday, I gathered with a group of women--all whom I absolutely adore--to pray and share verses that give us hope, encouragement and keep us steadfast in the midst of so much turmoil.

I thought I'd share the blessing:

Psalm 118:5 - 8 ~ "In my anguish I cried to the Lord and He answered by setting me free. The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me? The Lord is with me; He is my helper. I will look in triumph on my enemies."

Jeremiah 33:3 ~ "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."

Psalm 46: 1 - 3 & 10 ~ "God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in times of trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. 10: Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.

1 Chronicles 16: 34 ~ "Give thanks to the Lord for He is good; His love endures forever!"

Exodus 15:2 ~ " The Lord is my strength and my song; He has become my salvation. He is my God and I will praise Him, my father's God, and I will exalt Him."

Jeremiah 29:11 ~ "For I know the plan I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."



I hope these verses bring a little Sunday morning calm to any fears you may have.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Katie Landers
Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs